FIVE STARS for carrying gluten-free matzah* and for setting aside a box for you when you call in advance…FIVE STARS for convenience (right next door to Atara's, across the street from Canter's, spitting distance from Ball Beauty Supply and Out Of The Closet), FIVE STARS for selling cardamom Turkish coffee, FIVE STARS for feeling like a homey neighborhood joint, if your neighborhood is old-school Angeleno frum.
*Shmura, imported from England, and so expensive it might make you reconsider your definition of mitzvah for a second or two…I'm just saying.
Food in deli is good. Moroccan carrots and moroccan fish are my favorites. Sushi to go was good too.
Produce section is small (you can get fruits and veggies anywhere though).
Aisles can be small so watch out for other customers, especially just before the holidays when this place can get busy.
Good for Passover! They clear the store of anything that can't be eaten during the holiday so you don't have to worry about buying the wrong thing.
They have their own parking lot!
Great place for kosher. If you are buying meat, make sure to talk to Katz — he knows everything about cooking and will share some great ideas if you just ask:) Friendly family-run store.
This place has a great selection of kosher meats, and love that you can order in advance. Wish they sold some basic produce, and wish they were open later. Other than that, it's clean and quick
Great selection of Kosher foods not found in other markets and guys in butcher dept super helpful for those of us who have no clue about cooking meats…
Western kosher is the only and I mean only place where I buy meat or chkn or anything else from. All their products are fresh smell great and can't wait to take it home and eat it, great. The workers are the nicest and sweetest in town too. Ive never been to a grocery store where all the workers are super nice. I wouldn't go anywhere else. I give WK a five plus stars
- Nicest kosher market in LA with an on site butcher, sushi made to order and gourmet service deli. Whenever we come to LA we always make a stop at Western Kosher
- Clean. Great variety. Fabulous take out. And great service. Tough choice whether to shop in person or shop on their website
- One of the nicest kosher markets in Los Angeles! They have a great selection of products, produce and pre made food!! It's clean and inexpensive as well. We come all the way from the Valley
- Excellent grocery and butcher shop with a great selection
- You must login to post comments